I can't open Eagle, it stucked in the "Initializing..." stage
Before trying the solution below, you could try download Eagle's latest version, the issue you've encountered could've been fixed in the new version.
Solution 1: Install/ Reinstall .NET Framework
.NET Framework package is required to run Eagle, the reason for the issue could be that your device does not have .NET Framework installed. You can reinstall to see if the issue can be fixed. Please refer to links below:
- Download .NET Framework 4.5.2 (For Windows 7)
- Download .NET Framework 4.8 (For Windows 10)
Note: If your computer has already installed .NET Framework, please try to download .NET Framework Repair Tool and try to fix the possible problems.
Solution 2: Modify user permission
The reason may be related to the user permission setting. We need to modify the registry, please see the following:
- Click on the Start menu in the bottom left corner, search for "Regedit".
- Click "Regedit" to run Windows registry.
- Go to the specific directory to modify value EnableLUA
Find the directory on the left and open directories in the following order: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > System or alternatively, you can directly input Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System in the path column.
- Modify the EnableLUA value.
Find the EnableLUA item in the list, double click on the item and change the value from 1 to 0, then reboot the device, re-open Eagle to see if the problem has been solved.
Solution 3: The Environment Variables has been modified
If the Environment Variables of your device has been modified, it could also cause Eagle to stuck in the launching session. In this case, you can try the following steps to restore the Environment Variables to default settings:
- Open the file manager, right-click on "This PC", then select "Properties"
- Click "Advanced system settings" on the left
- Select Environment Variables
- Check the menu on the above, see if the"TEMP", "TMP" variables are default.
- If not, please select the variable and click "Edit"
- Modify the Variable value to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp” (%USERPROFILE% means the root directory of the current user's profile.)
- Save and reopen the Application.
If the above solutions still don't work, please contact us.