Enable Auto-Import function to automatically import files by monitoring a folder
Eagle's library structure is different from the system file structure, in some scenarios where the drag and drop function cannot apply, you will have to save the files first before adding them to Eagle library. Enable "auto-import" function will save you the trouble and apply it easily.
How it works
Enable "Auto Import" function, Eagle will monitor and automatically save files into Eagle library according to the path you set. This allows you to bypass the import window especially in some scenarios where drag and drop cannot be used, such as
- When the file cannot drag and drop to eagle directly
With the auto-import function, you can add files to the Eagle library when downloading pictures or files from the browser.
- When using a third-party screenshot or screen recording tool with Eagle
You can use this function to save the results in Eagle library immediately.
- Directly export your files to Eagle
No more exporting and dragging the files to Eagle library every time.
How to set up Auto-Import function
- Create a folder for monitoring
- Choose Eagle preferences and click Auto-Import
- Check the enable auto-import checkbox, select the folder you just created to be monitored, and click apply button.
- After enabling the auto-import function, you may find Eagle has helped you create a "subfolder" according to the name of your library in the monitored folder.
- It is recommended to put the monitored folder on your favorite list for easier access in the future
Try it now!
Now whenever you use Photoshop, a screenshot tool, or a third-party tool, just save your files in the "subfolder" created by Eagle, your files will be imported into Eagle library automatically!